The vaccine of Covid-19
What is Pathogens?
In the term of Biology, Pathogens is known as any microorganism that can produce disease such as Virus, Bacteria, Protozoa, Fungus etc.
What is Vaccine?
A Vaccine is a Biological drug that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease. Vaccines are made of dead and weaken antigens.
There have been very few human achievements or technology that saved human lives in the numbers that vaccines have.
How does it work?
The vaccine contains the same germs that cause disease but it has been either killed or weaken to the point that it doesn’t make us sick. The vaccine stimulates our immune system to produce antibodies exactly like it would if we are exposed to the disease. After getting vaccinated our body develop immunity to that disease without having to get the disease first.
What kind of vaccine are there?
Generally on the form of Pathogens used in the vaccine it is of three types.
Live Attenuated Vaccine:-
- This type of vaccine is created by reducing the virulence of the pathogens but keeping it alive or active.
- It is a long lasting Vaccine.
- It stimulates a long and effective immune response.
- Measles, Mumps, Influenza, yellow fever vaccines are a common example of this type of vaccine.
- Inactivated vaccines mean the vaccines in which the pathogens are in the inactive condition that is it lost the disease-producing capacity.
- The pathogens are fully destroyed using Heat, chemicals or Radiations.
- Multiple booster injections may be required to provide an effective immune response against the inactive pathogens.
Sub Unit Vaccine.
- In this type of vaccine, isolated proteins of the pathogens are used.
- These vaccines expose the body to antigens.
- This type of vaccine is very safe for use.
What will be the side effects?
Moderate Side Effects
- Mild Rashes
- Fever for 2 or 3 days 100 to 102-degree Fahrenheit.
- Swelling Of Lymph nodes
Severe Side Effects
- Rashes on Entire Body.
- Encephalitis which lead to permanent Brain Damage.
- Eye Infection or Loss of Vision
- Death, which is rare.
When it will available for us?
- Generally, it takes 10 years to develop a vaccine.
- The vaccine of Mumps is the fastest vaccine ever made which took around 5 years.
Name of the some Corona Virus Vaccine under trial and will be available soon for us
- Pfizer and BioNTech
- Sanofi and GlaxoSmithKline
- Sputnik V
- Sinovac and Sinopharm
- Sub Inspector Recruitment in West Bengal Police
- Recruitment in West Bengal Police Constable-2021
- Recruitment in Indian Airforce for the Post of Group X and Y
- West Bengal Special Task Force Recruitment
- Recruitment in Calcutta High Court
Share if You Care for others