Amazing World Map
There are 8 planets in our solar system, The earth is the only planet in which living being exists. Here in this post we discuss about the Amazing map of the Earth. Our Earth is covered with only 29% of Land rest 71% is water
Do you know about the continent?
Continent is the huge landmasses in which several countries exists. There are only 7 Continent in the whole world order from largest to smallest they are:-
- North America
- South America
Competitive Facts about Asia
- Asia is the largest continent in the world.
- There are 48 countries in Asia.
- Asia is located in the Eastern and Northern Hemisphere
- Three imaginary lines Equator, Tropic of Cancer and T Arctic Circle are passes through Asia.
- Approx 60% of the population of the whole world lives in Asia.
- Asia has 30% of the world land.
- The common place of Asia and Europe is known as Eurasia
- Asia is separated from South Africa by the Red Sea and Suez canal.
- Asia is separated from North America by Berling Strait,
- Asia and Europe are divided by the Ural Mountains.
- The driest place of Asia is Aden in Yemen.
- The largest Peninsula of Asia, as well as World, is the Arabian Peninsula
- The largest Island of Asia is Borneo Island.
- The largest desert of Asia is the Gobi desert.
- Tibetan plateau is known as the roof of the earth.
- Thailand is known as the country of the White Elephant.
- The highest rainfall area of Asia, as well as the World, is Mawsynram.
- The largest freshwater lake of Asia is Baikal Lake in Siberia. It is also known as the deepest lake in Asia.
- The longest river of Asia is the Yangtze river which length is 6301 meters
- The Caspian Sea is the largest inland water body of Asia as well as the world.
- The dead sea is the deepest saline lake of the Asia which is 430 meters below the sea level.
Competitive Facts about Africa
- Africa is the second highest continent of the world.
- Africa continent is known as the Dark of Black Continent.
- There are 54 countries in Africa.
- The largest country of Africa is Algeria.
- The smallest country of Africa is Seychelles.
- The largest island of Africa is Madagascer.
- There are 6 time zones in Africa.
- Sahara desert is the thrid largest and hottest desert of the world located in Africa.
- Three imaginary lines Equator, Tropic of Cancer and tropic of Capricon are passes through Africa.
- Equator passes through 7 countries of Africa.
- Al Azizyah in Libya is the hottest place of the Africa whichhighest temperature recorded is 580C.
- The highest peak of Atlas mountain is Toubkal.
- The largest volcano of Africa is Mount Kilimanzaro which is located in Tanzania.
- Asia is separated from Africa by Red Sea.
- Africa is seperated from Europe by Strait of gibralter.
- Mediterian Sea and Red Sea is connected through Suez Canal.
- Lake Victoria is the largest lake of Africa.
- Limpopo river crosses the tropic of capricon twice.
- Congo river crosses the equator twice.
- Victoria falls is located in Zambezi river.
- Nile river is the longest river of the world originates from Lake victoria in Uganda and empties in Mediterranean sea.
- Egypt is known as Gift of River Nile.
- Mount Kilimanjaro(5895 m) which is located in Tanzania is the highest peak of Africa.
- Ostrich the largest bird of the world found in Africa.
- South Africa is the largest producer of Chromium.
- Madagascer and Mozambique is separated by Mozambique channel.
- The Legislative capital of South Africa is Cape Town.
- The Administrative capital of South Africa is Pretoria.
- The judicial capital of South Africa is Bloemfortein.
- Zanzibar and Pemba of Africa is called the Clove bowl of the world.
- Pietmaritzburg is the railway station of South Africa from where Mahatma Gandhi was thrown out from the train.
competitive facts about North America.
- North America is the third largest continent of the world.
- North America has 16.5% of the whole land of earth.
- North America is most prosperous continent of the world.
- There are 23 countries in north america.
- The largest country is Canada.
- The smallest country is Saint kitts and Navis.
- Asia and North America is separated by beiring strait
- North America is separated by South America through Panama Isthmus.
- There are 50 States in United States of America.
- The Nick Name of New York is The Empire State.
- The Capital of Canada is Ottawa.
- The Capital of USA is Washington DC.
- The capital of Maxico is Maxico City.
- The Capital of Cuba is Hawana.
- Mississipi river is the largest river of North America.
- NewYork is located on the bank of Hudson river
- Rockey Mountain is located in North America,
- Mount Albert is the highest peak of this mountain.
- Superior Lake is the largest fresh water lake by surface area.
- Great Basin desert is the largest desert of the North America.
- The death valley of USA is located in California .
- Canada has the longest coastal line of the whole world.
- The great salt lake is located in USA.
To Read about Physical Features of India Click Here
Competitive Facts about South America
- South America is the fourth largest continent in the world.
- Imaginary line equator crosses through three countries of South America which are Ecuador, Columbia and Brazil.
- Tropic of Capricorn passes through 4 countries of South America which are Chile, Argentina, Prague and Brazil
- South America occupies 12% of land in the whole world.
- There are 12 countries in South America
- Brazil is the largest country in South America.
- The Capital of Brazil is Brazilia.
- The capital of Chile is Santiago.
- Suriname is the smallest country in South America.
- South America is divided by North America by Panama Isthmus.
- Amazon River(6296km) is the largest river of South America as well as World by volume of water.
- Amazon river originates from Peru.
- Andes Mountain is the longest mountain(7000 km length) of the world located in South America.
- The highest peak of the Andes Mountain is Mount Acancagua.
- Pampus Grassland is found in Argentina of South America.
- Campaas Grassland is found in Brazil of South America.
- Brazil is top in the world for Coffee producing.
- Brazil is most Mangnize producing country of South America.
- The most populous country of this continent is Uruguay.
- Titikaka lake is the highest lake in South America.
Competitive Facts about Antarctica
- Antarctica is the fifth-largest continent of the world.
- Antarctica is located in Southern Hemisphere.
- The South Pole is located in the centre of Antarctica.
- In 1961 12 Countries signed Antarctic treaty. Currently there are 54 countries. India joined this treaty in 1983. As per this treaty Military and Atomic activity is banned here.
- Antarctica is separated through South America by Drake Passage.
- Lambert Glacier is the largest glacier system of the world.
- Ross Ice Shelf is the largest Ice Shelf of the world.
- India has made three scientific station in Antarctica they are Dakshin Gangotri(1983), Maitri(1989) and Bharti.
- The lowest temperature is recorded in Antarctica is -890 c which is in Vostok Lake.
- Kerguelen Plateau is the only platue of Antrarctica which is a submarine plateau.
Competitive Facts about Europe.
- Europe is the sixth-largest continent in the world.
- Europe is located in Northern Hemisphere.
- Europe occupies the 6.8% of the total land of the world.
- Europe contains 15% population of the whole world.
- There are 50 countries in Europe.
- Russian Federation is the largest country in Europe.
- Vatican City is the smallest country in Europe.
- Europe is separated through Asia by the Ural Mountains & Caspian Sea
- The common place of Asia and Europe is known as Eurasia.
- Mediterranean sea is located in the south of Europe and separated Africa and Europe.
- Arctic Circle passes through 4 countries of Europe they are:- Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia.
- 00 Latitude i.e Prime Meridian passes through three countries of Europe they are:- Greenwich of England, France, Spain.
- The countries belonging to the Scandinavian Peninsula are Norway, Sweden Finland, Iceland and Denmark
- Nobel Peace Prize is given by Norway.
- All other Nobel Prizes are given by Sweden.
- Finland is known as the land of thousand lakes.
- England and France are separated by the English Channel.
- Europe and Africa is separated by Strait of Gibraltar.
- The capital of seitzerland is Bern.
- Mt Elbrus is the highest mountain in Europe.
- Volga river is the longest river of Europe.
- Danube is the second largest river of Europe.
- Trans Siberian Rail route is the longest rail route of Europe as well as the world.
To read about River systems of India for Competitive Exams Click Here
Competitive facts about Australia.
- Australia is the smallest continent in the world.
- Australia is the sixth-largest country of the world
- Canberra is the capital of Australia.
- Canberra is also called Bush Capital.
- Tropic of Capricorn passes through Australia.
- World largest coral reef is located in Coral sea near the Queensland.
- Australia is separated by Tasmania through the Bass Strait
- Great dividing mountain range(3500km) is located in Australia.
- The highest peak in Australia is Mount Kosciuszko.
- The largest river in Australia is Murray.
- Lake Eyre is the largest lake in Australia which is 15m low from the sea level.
- Great victoria desert is the largest desert of Australia.
- Sydney is the largest city of Australia
- The old name of Tasmania is Land Demains.
- Melbourne is the capital of Victoria.
- Australia is the largest producer of Wool.
- Australia is the largest producer of Bauxite.
- Wellington is the capital of New Zealand.
- Alps mountain is located in New Zealand.
- Dawns grassland is found in Australia.
Do you know about the Ocean?
Ocean is the huge body of water. There are only five ocean in the world order from largest to smallest they are:-
- Pacific Ocean
- Atlantic Ocean
- Indian Ocean
- Antarctic Ocean
- Arctic Ocean
Competitive facts about Pacific Ocean
- Pacific Ocean is the largest ocean of the world.
- Pacific Ocean is larger than the total landmass of the earth.
- Fardinand Magellan of Portuguese coined this name.
- International date line passes through Pacific Ocean.
- Mariana Trench is the deepest place of Pacific Ocean.
- Challenger Deep of Mariana Trench is the deepest point of Pacific Ocean which is 10,994 meter below the sea level.
- Pacific Ocean and Arctic Ocean is joined by Bering Strait.
- New Guinea is the largest Island of Pacific Ocean.
- Ring of fire Which consists more than 450 Active volcanos is in Pacific Ocean
- Killer Whale/Orca is found only in Pacific Ocean.
Competitive facts about Atlantic Ocean
- Atlantic Ocean is the Second Largest Ocean of the world.
- Atlantic ocean is the youngest ocean of the world.
- It is elongated “S” shape water body.
- Atlantic Ocean is the busiest ocean of the world
- Green land is the largest Island of the world is located in Atlantic Ocean.
- Puerto Rico Trench is the deepest trench of Atlantic ocean
- Milwaukee Deep is the deepest point of Puerto Rico Trench.
- Atlantic Ocean is the Saltiest Ocean.
- Cunard line is the first passenger ship to cross Atlantic Ocean in 1850.
- Sargasso Sea is located entirely in the Atlantic Ocean.
- The Second Largest Barrier reef in the world is Cancun reef located on the coast of México.
- Bermuda Triangle/Devil’s Triangle which located among Florida, Bermuda and Puerto Rico is also in Atlantic Ocean.
- Atlantic ocean meets with Pacific Ocean in Drake Passage.
Competitive facts about Indian Ocean
- The Indian Ocean is the third largest Ocean in the world.
- The Indian Ocean Lies in Eastern Hemisphere.
- The earlier name of the Indian Ocean was Eastern Ocean.
- The Bengal Submarine Fan is the largest Submarine fan of the world.
- It is the warmest ocean among all five oceans.
- Madagascar Island is the largest island of the Indian Ocean.
- Sunda/Java Trench is the deepest point of this Ocean.
Competitive facts about Antarctic Ocean
- Antarctic Ocean is the fourth largest Ocean of the world
- It is also known as the Southern Ocean.
- Antarctic Ocean is subdivided into several seas, Weddel and Ross are the largest seas among them.
- The Drake Passage divides the Antarctic and Pacific Oceans.
- Penguins are only found in the coastal areas of this ocean.
Competitive facts about Arctic Ocean
- The Arctic Ocean is the smallest ocean in the world.
- It is located on the North Polar region.
- It is in a circular shape.
- The salinity of the water is the lowest of all oceans.
- Molloy Deep is the deepest point of the Arctic Ocean.
- The Arctic Ocean joins with the Pacific Ocean by the Bering Sea.
- Siberian Shelf is the largest shelf of the world in the Arctic Ocean.